Terms And Conditions
Terms And Conditions of Use for the INSTANT Platform
Welcome to INSTANT Platform! By accessing and using the INSTANT Platform, You agree to comply with and be legally bound by the following terms and conditions. Therefore, please ensure that You thoroughly read the below and if You do not agree, please refrain from using the Platform:
1.1. Purpose – Who We are 2
These terms and conditions and Conditions (the “ Terms and Conditions ” or “ Terms ”), together with the documents referred to in it – as well as any other terms that will be displayed to You at the time You first use certain features of the Platform, provide the Terms and Conditions subject to which You ( “You” or “User” ) may access and use instant.com.cy (hereinafter the “ Platform” or “We” or “Us” ). For the purposes of these Terms, use of the Platform includes, without limitation, accessing, browsing, or registering to use the Platform, including any functionality and services offered on or through the Platform and is conditional on your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1.1. Purpose – Who We are
We are a platform that focuses on three pillars – (i) employment, (ii) vocational training, and (iii) integration & mobility (including accommodation). The goal is to strengthen the competitiveness of the economy and quality of life in Cyprus by targeting the largest industry and revenue stream of the island. The Platform aims to expediate the recruitment process in the hotel industry, to create easily available specialised (online and on site) trainings for the hotel industry, to facilitate the integration in the country/industry in all aspects (e.g. healthcare, immigration). With such integrated approach, We aim to create a positive impact on economic growth, social welfare and the hospitality staffing problem by providing a one stop shop for all the needs of employers and potential staff (i.e. job matching, training, accommodation and mobility support). At the same time, We also seek to assist with the conduct of scientific research with an aim of reaching to practical and innovative solutions for the hospitality sector on staffing issues by conducting an industry-based research on hotels in Cyprus.
The original language of these Terms and Conditions, as well as all other texts throughout the Platform, is English. In the case of any conflicts between the original English version and any translation, the English text shall supersede.
Registered users of the Platform are “Members” and unregistered users are “Visitors”. This Agreement applies to both.
2.1. Service Eligibility
The Platform is offered and is available to users who are of legal age to form a binding contract in their country of residence. By using this Platform, You represent and warrant that You meet all the foregoing eligibility requirements. If You do not meet all the requirements, You must neither access nor use the Platform.
All eligible users can freely browse the Platform under the present Terms and Conditions, be informed about job vacancies, job search, volunteering, advertisements and any service provided by the Platform.
2.2. Using the Platform
You accept and agree that whenever You make use of the Platform or a feature of the Platform that allows You to upload or download or create content to the Platform, or to make contact with other users of Our Platform:
2.2.1. You will:
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name and details on your profile;
- Use the Platform in a professional manner;
2.2.2. You will NOT:
- act unlawfully or fraudulently;
- harm, attempt to harm bully, insult, intimidate, harass, abuse or humiliate any person including minors;
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally, including by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content;
- Add inaccurate, defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful content or content that promotes violence, discrimination on any ground;
- Create false profile or provide false or inaccurate information, including but not limited to your identity, qualifications or previous experience;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- Disclose information that You do not have the right to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Share or disclose information of others without their express consent;
- transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- Copy or use the information, content or data on the Platform in connection with a competitive service;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology, or any part thereof;
- Violate intellectual property rights of others, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of the Platform, including, without limitation, using the word “INSTANT Platform” or “INSTANT” or Our logos in any business name, email, or URL without consent;
- misuse the Platform by introducing any viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our Platform, the server on which the Platform is stored or any server, computer, devise or database connected to the Platform
You agree to honour and comply with your payment obligations, and You consent to storing your payment information to avoid interruptions in your service and to facilitate easy payment for new services. You also understand that there may be fees and taxes that are added to Our prices. You also agree that:
- If You purchase any of Our paid services (“ Premium Services ”), You agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes. Your payment method will automatically be charged at the start of each subscription period for the fees and taxes applicable to that period. To avoid future charges, should You wish cancel before the renewal date.
- Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location.
- Failure to pay any applicable fees or taxes may result in the termination of your subscription.
- We may calculate taxes payable by You based on the billing information that You provide us at the time of purchase.
- Where applicable, You have a right of withdrawal subject to the applicable consumer legislation.
You can get a copy of your invoice through your INSTANT account settings under the Invoices section.
2.4. Notices and Messages
You agree that We will provide notices and messages to You in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information You provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
When You share information, others can see, copy and use that information.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, slide deck, links to news articles, job postings, messages and blogs. Information and content that You share or post may be seen by other Members or, if public, by Visitors. Where We have made settings available, We will honour the choices You make about who can see content or information (limiting your profile visibility, or not letting people know when You change your profile, make recommendations or follow companies). Note that other activities, such as applying for a job or sending a message, are by default private, only visible to the addressee(s).
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on Our Service and can remove it in Our sole discretion, with or without notice.
3. Rights and Limits
3.1. Your licence to INSTANT Platform
Subject to the Terms and Conditions, We will honour the choices You make about who gets to see your information and content. You own the content and information that You submit or post on the Platform and You are only granting us the following non-exclusive license:
A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that You provide through Our Platform, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to You or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Platform, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent You shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will get your consent if We want to give others the right to publish your posts beyond the Service. However, other Members and/or Visitors may access and share your content and information, consistent with your settings and degree of connection with them.
- While We may edit and make formatting changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), We will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because You own your content and information and We only have non- exclusive rights to it, You may choose to make it available to others.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding Our Services to INSTANT Platform, You agree that INSTANT Platform can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
3.2. Service Availability
We do not guarantee that Our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Platform for business or operational reasons. We will try to give You reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
3.3. Other Content, Sites and Apps
Use of any such linked sites or platforms or apps or resources is at your own risk. You are responsible for deciding if You want to access or use third party sites or platforms or apps or resources that link from Our Platform. If You allow a third-party site or platform or app or resource to authenticate You or connect with your Platform account, that site or platform or app or resource can access information on the Platform related to You and your connections. Third party apps and sites have their own legal terms and privacy policies, and You may be giving others permission to use your information in ways We would not. Except to the limited extent, it may be required by applicable law, the Platform is not responsible for these other sites and apps.
We have the right to limit how You connect and interact on the Platform. We reserve the right to limit your use of the Platform, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other users. We reserve the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if We believe that You may be in breach of this Agreement or law or are misusing the Platform.
3.5. Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change the Terms of this Agreement and will provide You with notice if We do and We agree that changes cannot and will not be retroactive. If You do not agree to these changes, You must stop using the Platform.
4. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1. No Warranty
THE USE OF OUR PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICE OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM IS MADE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND; EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER WE NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH US MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE PLATFORM.
4.2. Exclusion of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW (AND UNLESS THE PLATFORM HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT SUPERSEDES THIS AGREEMENT), THE PLATFORM (AND THOSE THAT THE PLATFORM WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE SERVICES (E.G. OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS, DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OR CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT).
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF THE PLATFORM (AND THOSE THAT THE PLATFORM WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE FOR ALL CLAIMS, (A) FIVE TIMES THE MOST RECENT MONTHLY OR YEARLY FEE THAT YOU PAID FOR A PREMIUM SERVICE, IF ANY, OR (B) €1000.
THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY (E.G. WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, LAW) AND EVEN IF THE PLATFORM HAS BEEN TOLD OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF THESE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY DO NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY OR FOR FRAUD, GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR IN CASES OF NEGLIGENCE WHERE A MATERIAL OBLIGATION HAS BEEN BREACHED, A MATERIAL OBLIGATION BEING SUCH WHICH FORMS A PREREQUISITE TO OUR DELIVERY OF SERVICES AND ON WHICH YOU MAY REASONABLY RELY, BUT ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT THE DAMAGES WERE DIRECTLY CAUSED BY THE BREACH AND WERE FORESEEABLE UPON CONCLUSION OF THIS AGREEMENT AND TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY ARE TYPICAL IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS AGREEMENT.
5.1. Our Platform may contain advertisements and other publishing or promotional content. The Platform is not obliged to and does not examine the legality of such content which is available through Our Platform (this does not apply to obvious cases of violation of legal rights that could be perceived by the average reasonable citizen). The responsibility for the legality and accuracy of the content of the advertisements lies with the advertisers, or sponsors or creators of the advertisements or promotional material.
5.2. The Platform is not and cannot be held accountable in any form to You for any costs, expenses, losses and damages suffered or incurred by you, either directly or indirectly, in connection with such content whether that liability arises in contract, tort (including by Our negligence) and/or under statute or otherwise.
5.3. We have and We assume no responsibility against users, and/or towards any third parties affected by any illegal act or omission, inconsistency or failure to comply with the rules and regulations of any country or of the European Union relating to the content of the advertisements, publishing or promotions.
6. Personal Information
7. Intellectual Property
7.1. Unless of any specifically mention exceptions We are the owner and/or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Platform, and in the material published on it. This material includes, but is not limited to, trademarks, logo, design, layout, look, appearance, animation, graphics, pictures, photographs, videos and in general all archives of the Platform and the domain (“ the Content ”). Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the present Terms and Conditions. The Content is subject to and protected by and governed by the intellectual property laws including, without limitation, applicable Cyprus law, European law, international agreements and treaties. All such rights are reserved.
7.2. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials You have printed off or downloaded in any way, and You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. You are also prohibited from attempting to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Platform.
7.3. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Platform must always be acknowledged.
7.4. You must not use any part of the content on the Platform for commercial purposes or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial) or for any other purposes without obtaining explicit licence to do so from us or Our licensors. Any form of usage, reproduction, recording (voice or video), copy, publication, demonstration, modification, broadcast or in any way exploiting of material and/or content of the Platform without Our prior explicit consent is prohibited.
We reserve the right to immediately terminate this Agreement if You breach any of the Terms and Conditions. We can each terminate this Agreement with 30 days notice to the other. On termination, You lose the right to access or use the Platform. You agree that the following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback
- Users to further re-share content and information You shared on the Platform
- Sections 4, 9, 10 of this Agreement
9. General Terms
9.1. If a court with authority over this Agreement finds any part of it not enforceable, You and us agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, You and us agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Agreement.
9.2. If We do not act to enforce a breach of this Agreement, that does not mean that the Platform has waived its right to enforce this Agreement. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without Our consent.
9.3. You agree that the Platform may assign or transfer this Agreement to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Cyprus law and the Cyprus Courts shall have sole jurisdiction.
If You wish to make a complain about the content or information or material uploaded by other users, please contact us on [email protected] . We shall not be held liable for any refusal and/or failure and/or delay to prevent and/or remove any content and/or information and/or materials uploaded by other users on the Platform.
12. Contact Us
12.1. We are a private company duly registered and operating under the laws of Cyprus under company number [.........] and registered office address at:
36 Agias Elenis Str, Galaxias Building
Block B, 6 th floor, office 602,
1061 Nicosia, Cyprus
12.2. Our VAT number is [........].
12.3. To contact us, please email [email protected] or telephone Our customer service line on 00 357 22 272 252.